Monday 14 November 2011

painter. Erik Matijssen

via here
Erik Matijssen
(b.1957) is an artist currently working in the netherlends. He falls squarely into the 'beat me to it' category of awesomeness. His spectacular use of colour and construction of spaces, light and still life is almost impeccable in my view. I believe most of the work displayed below is from the last couple of years. Matijssen is also a teacher and tutor in his native Netherlands and has appeared in numerous group and one-man shows. I'm surprised I haven;t seen his work before as he's incredibly prolific. What I really enjoy about his compositions is the slightly off perspective of someone who's just walked into a room slightly tipsy, there's a palpable uneasiness but it's one worth savouring.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers